I am a skilled Technical Author, with experience in all aspects of this specialism, from initial requirement analysis, capture and definition through to the release of paper or electronic manuals, online application support files and web-based publications.
For the last fifteen years I have worked extensively as a freelance Technical Author.
My key skills include:
- Defining documentation requirements;
- Writing user documentation based on technical specifications;
- Generating online (HTML and PDF) and paper-based documentation;
- Creating context-sensitive help for software applications;
- Implementing and maintaining editorial and quality standards.
I am also highly experienced in using a variety of PC-based tools including: MadCap Flare, Microsoft Office, CorelDraw, Corel PaintShop Pro, Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
In my spare time, and as light entertainment, I am "Auntie" to Big Ted, a bear (with splendid fur and admirable ears) who travels around the UK and writes of his adventures on his very own website - https://www.bigtedonline.uk/. Despite having very big paws and no opposable thumbs, he's become quite good at JQuery.Email